The HR profession is no longer just about what you know, but how you do your job. The SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) credentials are the new standard for all HR professionals around the globe.
A regional talent director of North America at Mars Incorporated was quoted in the Washington Post’s “Guide to Graduate Education Fall 2015” as saying that at her company, “certification in HR programs from an organization such as the Society for Human Resources Management would bear more weight than an advanced degree.”
Sinclair Workforce Development's SHRM Certification Exam Preparation course uses the SHRM Learning system to help participants reach their certification goals. These materials combine comprehensive learning materials with an online study tool that reflects the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™).
That said, independent or group study is highly encouraged and emphasized. Attending class and reading the material is NOT enough to pass any exam. You must put in the appropriate amount of time to prepare yourself.
Sinclair Workforce Development combines instructor presentation, class discussion, course materials, and practice tests with YOUR effort to help prepare you for success. Between classes participants are assigned reading, plus practice exams, to help them become proficient in both the standards and practice of the HR profession.
- All classes are facilitated by one instructor, offering a consistent teaching style throughout
- Practice Tests are provided throughout the course to reinforce learning
- Students will be provided with tips and recommendations for multiple methods of practice to ensure understanding of the material, and can choose what works best for each participant
- In most cases, classes are held only every two weeks so students have time to read, study, and absorb the information
- Students have access to the instructor via phone and email for questions
Please Note: Attending the SHRM Certification Preparation Class does not register you for the exam. You must contact SHRM directly to register for the exams. Before registering for the class, please read the eligibility guidelines carefully to make sure that you are eligible to sit for the exam. For further information regarding certification visit the SHRM website at www.SHRM.org.
8/18, 8/25, 9/8, 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3 & 11/17, 1pm-5pm:
SHRM Certification Exam Preparation presented by Chad Dresnick