UAS Indoor Flying Pavilion
The Sinclair National UAS Training and Certification Center is home to the nation’s first permanent, custom-built unmanned aerial systems (UAS) flying facility.
Dedicated on the 112th anniversary of the Wright Brother’s first powered flight, the UAS Indoor Flying Pavilion offers many cutting-edge capabilities specifically tailored for training and applied research support.
• 3,200 sq. ft. with an interior ceiling height of 40 ft.
• Mezzanine flying deck supporting testing and instruction
• Global Positioning System (GPS) signal transmission enabling indoor flight navigation
• Fiber-optic network connection to the UAS simulation lab
• Customizable space supporting sense and avoid and other airspace integration challenges
• Research environment for testing experimental and rapid prototyped components manufactured in the Center
• Support for alternate navigation technologies, including optical and acoustic sensors
• Controlled environment for high-risk and destructive testing
• Supports simulated cybersecurity attacks and mitigation strategies
• Design-Build-Fly capabilities taking UAS from concept to reality