Rapid Prototyping/AIM Center
Sinclair Workforce Development offers rapid prototyping services that create prototypes quickly and inexpensively, getting your product to the market faster. Nothing communicates ideas better than a visual prototype.
Rapid prototyping includes the creation of physical objects using additive manufacturing technology. Construction of a model with contemporary methods can take anywhere from several hours to several days, depending on the method used and the size and complexity of the model. Additive systems for rapid prototyping can generally produce models in a few hours depending on the type of machine being used and the size and number of models being produced.
The use of additive manufacturing for rapid prototyping takes virtual designs from computer aided design (CAD) or animation modeling software, transforms them into thin, virtual, horizontal cross-sections and then creates successive layers until the model is complete. It is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) process where the virtual model and the physical model are almost identical.
The benefits of Rapid Prototyping allow you to:
• Save Money - Using rapid prototyping services will greatly reduce design iteration, production and tooling costs.
• Save Time - You can turn an idea into a prototype in days with rapid prototyping. This means that finding errors, making improvements and analyzing the end product can be done quicker, getting your product to market faster.
• Test Your Product and Improve Product Design - Use your prototype to compare with other parts for compatibility and conduct performance tests.
• Catch Errors Earlier - Save thousands of dollars by discovering costly errors before the product goes into production with the help of a quality prototype.
Our Rapid Prototyping equipment includes:
• Stratasys Dimension SST 1200ES 3D Printer: ABS Plastic, Working Envelope 10”x10”x12”; Resolution: +/- 0.010”; multiple colors available
• 3D System Invision SR Rapid Prototyping Machine: Acrylic Plastic, Working Envelope 7”x 8”x10”; Resolution +/- 0.005; clear translucent color
For more information about Sinclair’s Rapid Prototyping Service contact or call 937-252-9787.