Build a Stronger Workforce with Ohio TechCred and Sinclair
Published on October 20, 2020
| Workforce Development General Interest
Right now is a great time to increase your current employees technical skills with Ohio TechCred.
TechCred is Ohio's innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a technology-infused economy.
Sinclair can help your company apply to the TechCred program and get your employees training that qualifies. We have several for-credit academic short-term certificates and non-credit Workforce Development offerings that meet the guidelines for the TechCred program. Employees will benefit by increased skills and higher wages. Businesses benefit from having financial support to help them upskill their employees.
Before you apply, here are some things you should know:
1. Employers will need to identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the number of employee(s) they want to upskill.
2. To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
3. The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
4. Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
5. Training must be completed within 18 months.
6. The application period ends October 30.
For a list of TechCred Sinclair short-term certificates offered click here.
Need more information? Visit techcred.ohio.gov or contact Workforce Development at email@example.com or 937-252-9787.