Racial Diversity & Compliance Communications for Public Safety & Police Officers: Effective Communications to Improve Community Communications, Cooperation & Respect
July 22-23, 2021, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sinclair Conference Center, 444 W. 3rd St., Dayton, OH 45402
Topics cov-ered in this 2-day course include:
- Policing and Racism in America
- Developing Cultural Competence by Understanding Implicit Bias and Unacknowledged Prejudices
- The Impact of the Media
- Key Concepts of Communication
- Managing One-on-One and Group Interactions
- Scene Management
- Controlling the Communication Process
- Controlling Outcomes (Managing Complaints)
- The "Tap-In" System of Ethical Investigation
- Developing Script Phrases and Verbal/Non-verbal Techniques
Training includes several videos, role plays, case studies, small group work and a group project.
Registration Fee includes: Morning and Afternoon Snack, Box Lunch and Parking.