Build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a technology-infused economy with Sinclair and Ohio TechCred.
What is TechCred?
TechCred is Ohio's innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a technology-infused economy.
Eligible Industry Areas:
How Does TechCred Work?
- Employers will need to identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the number of employee(s) they want to upskill.
- To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
- Training must be completed within 12 months of the award date.
Open application period: June 1 - 30, 2021
Let Sinclair Help
Sinclair can help your company apply to the TechCred program and get your employees training that qualifies. We have several for-credit academic short-term certificates and non-credit Workforce Development offerings that meet the guidelines for the TechCred program.
Click on the link below to discover eligible programs. If you do not see the credential you are interested in, please contact us below.
Need more information? Visit techcred.ohio.gov or contact Workforce Development at email@example.com or 937-252-9787.