Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is an initiative to unlock the economic growth and job creation potential of small businesses across the United States through greater access to business education, financial capital, and business support services. The 10,000 Small Businesses Sinclair College curriculum focuses on developing skills that you can apply immediately to address the issues most critical to growing your business. The program consists of up to 15 convenient learning sessions that include networking events, negotiations and financial clinics, and other business assistance activities. Scholars accepted into the program must attend all class sessions and clinics on the following dates (please note, scholars should expect each date to be an 8:00 am to 5:30 pm commitment).
In addition to the classroom experience, participants must also complete eight to ten hours of out-of-class activities each week. These assignments are an integral part of the program and are designed to help you improve your business while enabling you to fully develop your business growth plans. The additional time commitment outside of class will include:
- One-on-one advisory services to help you develop and implement your tailored plan for growth.
- Networks and mentors to help you focus on your most critical business issues and increase business capacity.
- Business support services, such as technical assistance.
- Time spent completing assignments in advance of each class.
Value to Business Owners:
- An education program available at no cost for selected participants, and is designed for small business owners who have a business poised for growth.
- A practical business entrepreneurship training program that examines business fundamentals through the lens of your actual business experiences.
- Comprehensive one-on-one business advisory services to help you develop and implement a business growth plan.
- Development of a personalized growth plan tailored to your business.
- Access to technical assistance and coaching.
NOTE: The schedule is based on an in-person delivery model and is subject to change. We reserve the right to change content delivery to a virtual model if Sinclair College, CDC, or public health authority recommendations deem it the safest manner to host the program.
Questions about the 10,000 Small Businesses Program at Sinclair College? Contact Val Beerbower, Program Manager, at 937-512-2336 or email@example.com.