Strengthening Small Businesses Through Innovative Goldman Sachs Program
Published on January 17, 2023
| Workforce Development General Interest
Sinclair College is continuing its efforts to grow and strengthen small businesses through the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program (10KSB). Sinclair’s Workforce Development Division is currently accepting applications for the upcoming 11-week program that will start with orientation on May 11, 2023. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2023.
Goldman Sachs 10KSB has helped strengthen more than 12,000 small businesses in all 50 states since its inception in 2009. The program provides business education, wrap-around support services and pathways to capital for growth-oriented entrepreneurs. Participants gain practical skills to take their business to the next level, with topics like financial statements, negotiations, and marketing. Participants develop an actionable growth plan for the business with the help of business advisors and like-minded entrepreneurs.
Since early 2021, 32 Dayton region entrepreneurs and small businesses owners have completed the program at Sinclair College.
“This innovative partnership between Sinclair College and Goldman Sachs is unleashing possibilities and nurturing success for these entrepreneurs and small business owners who play such a vital role in growing jobs and our local economy,” said Kandise Bobo, Goldman Sachs 10KSB Executive Director – Sinclair College.
Key highlights of the program include:
- The program is offered at no cost to the business owner – every business owner selected receives a full scholarship, funded by the Goldman Sachs Foundation.
- Within 6 months of graduating, 66% of alumni of the 10KSB program reported increased revenues and 44% added new jobs.
- Participants graduate with a specific 5-year growth plan for their business that is immediately implementable.
- Business owners in all industries will receive one-on-one advising.
10KSB looks for applicants generally meet these criteria:
- Owner or co-owner of a business
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues of at least $75,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Minimum of 2 employees (including the owner)
Questions about the 10,000 Small Businesses Program at Sinclair College? Contact Kandise Bobo, Executive Director, at 937-512-2220 or email@example.com.